Here’s How to Take Advantage of Google Algorithm Update 2022. Google recently announced its latest algorithm update, which went into effect in March of 2022 – and in this article, we’ll teach you how to best take advantage of it. This update is intended to reward websites that publish in-depth reviews based on first-hand experience. If you are a service-based or product-based business, it’s in your best interest to start publishing more authentic reviews on your website and pay attention to this Google algorithm update 2022.
Google Algorithm Update 2022 Explained
The main focus of this google algorithm update 2022 is on in-depth product and service reviews. The search engine giant has long been advocating for websites to publish more authentic content, and this latest update is just another step towards achieving that goal. Here’s how they explained it:
“We’re launching another update that builds on that work to enhance our ability to identify high-quality product reviews. This will make it easier for us to get sound purchasing advice in front of users, and to reward creators who are earnest in being helpful.” – Google Search Central Blog
What’s New in the Update
Google has confirmed that the March 2022 Product Reviews Update will add a few additional criteria to be considered an authentic review, including:
- Description of the advantages or disadvantages of the product and how different it is when compared to its prior version.
- First-hand details from those who have physically or digitally utilized the product along with suitable evidence that exhibits what it looks like and how to use it.
- The reviewer’s attitude about the product beyond what’s provided by the manufacturer through visuals, audio, and links.
- Offer users a list of comparable products and describe what makes the reviewed product stand out from its competitors.
So, if you’re looking to stay ahead of the curve and take advantage of this Google algorithm update 2022, make sure that your product and service reviews are up to par. Start by including more in-depth information about the benefits and drawbacks of using your products, as well as what makes them unique when compared to others on the market.
Best Practices For Product Reviews
Google has provided their own guidelines for best practices for product reviews, and implementing them can help you stay ahead of the curve and take advantage of this Google algorithm update 2022.
To help shoppers discover your product reviews in Google Search and on other Google surfaces, follow these practices:
- Demonstrate that you are an expert in your product
- Focus on the user’s perspective when evaluating a product
- To support your credibility and reinforce the authenticity of your review, include video or other visuals, audio, or links demonstrating the product
- Include detailed pros and cons of a product
- Compare the product to others in its category using quantitative data
- Offer specific examples of how the product was used
- Be detailed, but use simple language that a wide audience can understand
- Make sure your reviews are well-structured
We hope that this article has helped you understand Google’s latest algorithm update and how to best take advantage of it. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us, a professional SEO and digital marketing company, for more information.