5G is the fifth generation of wireless communication. Each generation rewrites the rules. 5G is super fast, and it’s almost here, which is good news for business owners. Read on for a glimpse of how 5G could change the way we do business.
What’s the Hold-Up?
We’re headed toward increased interconnectedness between devices, but updates take time. 5G’s high frequency waves aren’t able to travel as far, so smaller towers will make up the network, and builders space these new towers more closely together. Fortunately, future upgrades will mostly be software-based. Business owners can expect exciting new opportunities on the horizon.
What’s Possible with 5G?
Here are a few ways things will change, although it’s certainly not a complete list:
- It will be possible to connect more devices at once
- We’ll see advances in technologies that rely on speed and lower latency, as well as faster download times
- Video calls without the lag
- Internet of Things (IoT) sensors: to optimize workflow and feedback
- More remote work opportunities
- The integration of technologies in smart office space
5G and Cybersecurity
While 5G will improve our lives at work and at home, unfortunately, it will also increase cyber crimes. There are a few reasons for this.
- The network will no longer be hardware-based
- Instead, it’s defined by software
- Decentralized activity dispersed outward like a web
- Expanded bandwidth increases vulnerabilities
- Also, the network itself is managed by software
5G has the potential to transform industries from robotics to the medical field, but it’s likely to catch most businesses off guard. If you’re a business owner, now is the time to prepare and safeguard your company for the new network.
For more information on how 5G can improve your industry, please contact us at D-Kode Technology for a consultation. We can help develop a strategy that’s right for your business.